Sunday 19 June 2011

Gardening News

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a lovely weekend.   To let you know I am a keen gardener as well as crafter and over the summer months I am probably most likely found pottering in the garden. When we moved here a few years ago we decided that as the garden was pretty big and had very little done to it and we were basically starting from scratch we would create a veg patch, which we did. As you can see from the pics attached my veggies are doing pretty well this year again, except my peas which are a bit of a disaster. I bought another packet of seeds today so after getting tips from my Dad I will replant some tomorrow I think as it aint to late yet to do so.  At our old house I had built a pond and had goldfish and the occasional frog, Mal made it extremely clear that no pond was getting built in this garden as the whole digging of the last one turned out to be a nightmare due to a huge slab of granite appearing right in the middle of the sizeable hole we were trying to dig. So huge infact we had to pay a builder to come break it up with pnuematic tools :S oopsies.... but while me n Vikk were in Edinburgh last weekend we visited Dobbies garden centre and we spied a much smaller pond which was a bit of a bargain, I couldnt resist.   Anyway the long and short of it is Mal relented and I am now starting the clearing of a patch of grass so we can start excavating a hole to put the liner in. No goldfish this time though, just a more natural type of pond is on the cards and I am very excited about it and hope to attract lots of wildlife. I am a big kid at heart and love the thought of insects and small ponds creatures filling my pond by this time next year. I will show you the process as it goes along over the summer as it will def be a work in progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment