Wednesday 6 March 2013

Mid week blog

Hiya everyone,

Nothing much to tell so far this week to be honest. Went back to work on Monday after being off ill las week but to be honest I am absolutely shattered. Slept for a while this afternoon so got no crafting done :(

The only crafty things I have done the past few days have been for the Craftymess Daily Challenge on FB. Yesterday was a black and white theme so I did a 12 x 12 scrapbook page of my younger daughter and her piano. I was quite hard I thought to do this monochromatic page, I think I instintively want to put another colour in the mix to make things pop when scrapbooking so although I got it done quite quickly I cant say I am that pleased with it :S but I guess everyone is more critical of their own work.
 
 
Another day the challenge theme was handmade flowers so I drew a Tim Holtz type tattered florals kinda flower and cut a few out of G45 paper that I had. Then I wet the flower shapes, scrunched them then dried them out so they go textured. I made a wire and lace leaf for a change too.
 


I am waiting to find out if tomorrows challenge will inspire me to get crafty as I aint been in the mood today at all :(

Anyway I will sign off tonight, have a great evening all.
Tracy x

7 comments:

  1. I love the LO hon and think the colours are very apt for the theme, the flower is great too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, your lovely comments are much appreciated
      xx

      Delete
  2. well if this is you not in the mood there is no hope for me lol your page is brilliant and black and white suits the subject -and as for your flower it's fantastic -BUT--- if you want to enter the challenge at LEJ Designs you must link back to the challenge blog please
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,
      I would like to enter the challenge but being the technophobe that I am I obviously made a mistake somewhere :S. So do I upload a pic to the challenge?? And then I make a link on my next post??
      Sorry I sound really thick :(
      x

      Delete
  3. Great layout out Tracy - love your take on the tim holtz blooms too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's pretty hun, so sorry I only just saw your comment on last weeks LEJ Challenge (I haven't been great healthwise lately and am a bit behind) for future reference you can enter anything handmade so long as it fits our theme
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and things with wings is this weeks theme =) xx

    ReplyDelete