Sunday 3 March 2013

Crafty Emblies Papercraft Challenge - WINGS theme

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all having a fabby day. I survived the dress shopping, Isla was ok as she had spotted a dress one day she was in the city with her mates, so that was quite easy as we just went and picked one up. Me on the other had found it a bit trickier. Anything that was cheap and something I would wear again and again seemed awfully casual for a wedding. I did try on one nice dress in Monsoon but it was something I couldnt see myself wearing very often as it was really dressy and no way would I justify buying something over a hundred quid. Did finally get a nice dress that was more expensive than I would usually buy but it is one I could wear to work eventually and could def wear with long boots to make it more casual, so I am happy.

Anyway getting back to the Design Team Project. I aint a big card maker but as it is a Papercrafting Team I decided to go with a 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout.

The background paper has been in my stash for some time so I am afraid I dont know which paper collection it came from and other than that I just used scraps I had. The chipboard letters are from Stampin Up which I painted, the other font is cut using my cricut. I had a little chipboard name plate which I painted too and tied a piece of ribbon round. The Crafty Emblies items on the layout are the wooden wings which I merely covered in glitter glue, easy peasy. A few bits of braid across the layout to finish and a tag and hey presto all done.
This a quick easy layout which I think allows the photograph to be centre stage.

Anyway I hope you are all gonna hop on over to the crafty emblies challenge blog and leave a project there for everyone to have a look at and you might even win some goodies.

Happy crafting
xx

15 comments:

  1. I adore this and I am glad to see a scrapbook page as it gives people something different to think about making. You have showed the emblies off perfectly.

    I am so chuffed to have you on the design team :D

    Hugs Lisa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I am loving the whole DT experience, I am having so much fun :)
      Glad you like the scrapbook pages as you will probably see quite a few more from me lol
      Hugs back at ya xx

      Delete
  2. Love this LO hun very clean cut and to the point
    Hugs
    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie x I dont really have a scrapbooking style, i just kinda go with what I think suits the photos. I loved this pic so much I just wanted to make it centre stage so to speak
      Hugs back at ya xx

      Delete
  3. Nice to see a scrapbook page, love the use of the wings and the sentiment is great!

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, glad you like the project. I am a big scrapbooker so no doubt you will see a few more pages from me in the future x

      Delete
  4. I love the creative use of the emblies hon, great LO xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, the emblies are great to work with, so versatile :) x

      Delete
  5. This is a fabulous layout and your daughter looks a cutie. Love the use of the wings. I am now following hun but have to say I love the fairies on here they are awesome.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Unfortunately my daughter is now almost 16 lol so I cant call her cute anymore :( My dad took this pic at his photographer club (my 2 were modelling one night) I do love the pic as she looks so pensive. Although if truth be told she had no front teeth lol

      Delete
  6. love what you have done on this something i havnt tried yet is scrapbook pages love it and the little girl is very cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrapbooking is what I started out crafting many moons ago, now I enjoy a range of crafts and will pretty much give anything a go. This is a pic of my younger daughter when she was about 6, she is now almost 16. She was very cute when she was little, got her out of trouble on a few occasions back then, her cuteness x

      Delete
  7. Beautiful hun, love the sweet photo and the sentiment is fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fab layout and I love how you've used the wings x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracy,
    I love your scrapbook page, love the layout and the colours are Perfect, and what a great way to use the wings xxxx

    ReplyDelete