Monday 2 May 2011

Holiday Monday :)

Feel a bit less bi-polar today :)
Anyway I was off to Hobbycraft nice and early this morning to get some art stuff for Isla's birthday. Had suggested to her I would buy an easel in an effort to blackmail her into keeping her room a bit tidier (honestly she would live in a hovel if I turned a blind eye). So on the promise that she would try harder it was decided that we would get her one.  On looking yesterday online I was a tad horrified at the price and on further contemplation I decided that a free standing one might be hazardous to her bedroom carpet (I just had visions of acrylic paint splatters :S ) so today I went for an inbetweenie type one, can sit on the desk also doesnt look silly if it needs to be left on the floor (have to have my "not enough floor space when bedroom is messy" bargaining chip). I also got her some oil paints (which she has never tried before) and some palatte knives. I was really good and didnt buy much else to be honest although the acrylic stamps sets, especially the alphabets were calling out to me but I managed to resist.
This afternoon was spent crafting mostly. I altered a canvas which I am quite happy with. While I had been rummaging in my stuff I discovered sticky foam leaf shapes in autumn colours so I decided to do an autumn themed canvas (with a fairy as the focal point). Anyway here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment