Wednesday 20 February 2013

Personal Journal

Hi everyone
I have seen 2 blog posts today from different people showing journal pages that they have made and it reminded me that last year I started a personal art journal myself.
My best friend Vikkie suggested doing one but I wasnt really sure how to go about it. I dont know if I have mentioned before but I suffer from MS which leaves me exhausted at times and I also suffer from depression. I kinda think I am on the side of being bi-polar as I can feel great at times then can feel like I am in the depths at others. Anyway Vikkie suggest a journal might be a good way of getting my feelings out as I do tend to bottle things up and put a brave face on things for the sake of my family.
She gave me a book all about journalling and a couple of the pages I did were kinda loosely based on some of the pages folk had done in the book. It was very helpful and it was very interesting to see how some of the people came up with the pages and the stories behind them.
Anyway I decided to use a 12 x 12 scrapbook album to hold my pages and use papers that had been lying in my stash for literally years (but being a tight fisted scot I just didnt want to throw them out lol) so I could paint or whatever I fancied on top of them to cover them up.
These are the pages that I came up with ;-




 
Anyway after seeing the pages today that others have done I am thinking it is maybe time to get a few more pages done in my own journal.
 
Cya all soon x

10 comments:

  1. These are fabulous, really inspirational, you need to do more Hun! Your friend is absolutely spot on, it would do you good xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Zoe. I make myself sound a right fruit loop lol but generally i am pretty sane.
      Seeing your page had really made me want to do more in my journal so thank you for that
      hugs Tracy x

      Delete
  2. These pages are wonderful. I am going to start doing a craft journal rather than a written journal. In a written journal you tend to say what's gone bad rather than what's gone right. A craft journal will not only make me feel better bit there is no room for the bad stuff.
    Well done and keep up the journal Hun :-)

    Hugs Lisa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, glad they have inspired you to do something the same
      hugs xxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I had great fun making them :) x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pages, love the layouts and colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay for the lovely comment and for stopping by my blog, much appreciated xx

      Delete
  5. u shud do more of them hun as u kinda gave up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I must get the journaling book you gave me out again for some inspiration
      hugs xx

      Delete