Wednesday 20 April 2011

Gardening and crazy cat

Hi folks, I have been out in the garden for a little while each evening this week as it has been so nice. The veg patch is filling up - my dad gave me onions and shallots to plant in exchange for some seeds I gave him. So far I have peas, mangetout,broad beans, rocket, 2 types of lettuce, radishes, parsnips, onions, shallots and leeks. It gets exciting when the shoots start to show as they are just now :) I love gardening anyway (always have done) but it is so satisfying to grow your own food and it feels great being able to go out and pick what you want. The garden is starting to feel more like my own now. When we moved here a few years ago it was in a bit of a mess,( obviously the previous couple werent gardeners) and although we had the big garden I have always wanted, it broke my heart to leave the old house as I had the garden there the way I wanted with a pond and all sorts. Now we have a few beds with shrubs n flowers although I would like a lot more. Definately a work in progress.
Now for the crazy cat bit lol - one of our neighbours down the street on the opposite side has a cat which since we moved in here our 2 cats absolutely hate!! Mickey comes quite regularly to visit and even has the audacity to sit on the window sill and actually bang on the window with his paws to wind our 2 up. My windows end up a right state and how my window blinds have survived is a mystery. Merlin spends a lot of time in the evening on Mickey watch, usually he sits on his hind legs upright like a meerkat does on sentinal duty looking down the street for him and we have tried on many occasions to catch him on camera doing it. Well the other day he spied Mickey down the street but unfortunately my car was a bit too far up the drive for the meerkat stance to be any use so he ended up completely upright on 2 legs propping himself up against the window, we just had to get him on camera!!
On the crafting front i think I have lost my mojo a bit :( apart from a 12 x 12 page I did for Vikkie featuring a pic we took of the 2 of us when I was over at hers I havent done any and I am thinking of tidying eveything away for over summer. hmmm we will see. Anyway better go I am away to talk to Vikk for a bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment