Tuesday 15 February 2011

Prom!




Well the day has finally arrived Iona (my eldest, 16) has her first prom night. The dress has been bought for months, shoes and bag bought the other week. I was expecting there to be high stress levels today but surprisingly she was pretty calm, just a slight bit of strain over the time she had left to play with after getting her hair done, which wasn't much .... she had to get her make-up on, dressed, Alistair (her partner for the evening) arriving and going to friends house before going to school for the official photos. When Alistair arrived he looked very smart in his kilt and he had brought her a beautiful corsage to match her dress and his kilt. It was like they were being papped lol me, my dad n Alistairs mum all had cameras and we snapped away. Not sure when I will see her getting in as she has planned to go to an after prom party at a friends house. I am gonna try to stay up, not sure if I would settle properly anyway, but Vikkie as agreed to keep me company for at least a little while. x

2 comments:

  1. Alister did well with the coursage after all the stressing lol wonder if he picked it or not could be another sign if he did lol.
    The pic of Iona and him on the stairs is really nice hun. Hope they all had a good time, 3 am she will roll in lol and u are going to toss and turn till then ha ha ha the joys of teenagers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm yes I kinda hope it was his mum that picked it lol. I hope they enjoy it too - it has been the subject of conversation for months amongst them. Well apparently Carolines mum is picking them up at 3 regardless :P mind u I aint unduly worried she is a better behaved teenager than I was :S xx

    ReplyDelete